sugar-confetti

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Surprise Birthday Party


The Sugar Confetti Shop was featured in this sweet surprise party from You Are My Fav.

My niece turned twelve last weekend so as a special surprise, I flew to Minneapolis to help my sister pull off a surprise party (yes, I’m the cool aunt and Beck is the youngest cousin so naturally the favorite). Everything from the color palette to the favors were based off of  the theme Maren’s favorite things. Here’s a look at the results.









I have to admit, I’m not really familiar with what 12-year-olds think is cool nowadays so I was a bit stumped creating the party plan. We ended up having a photo booth (which was a huge hit), a sit-down dinner with a menu they could customize, haiku writing (about the birthday girl), and then I taught them some group games. They were hilariously loud and over excited about everything. Ah, middle school. One girl deemed the party, “Pinterest worthy,” so I’m going to consider it a success.
invitation and menu design: Kirsten Bingham
sources: cake standhoneycomb balls, gold glittered letters from Michaels, party hatsstriped strawsfavor bags from The Sugar Confetti Shop

Thanks to You Are My Fav for using The Sugar Confetti Shop!  Our products look great!
http://www.youaremyfave.com/2013/10/17/a-surprise-birthday-party-is-my-fave/




1 comment:

  1. Guess this is where I post. I would want the green milk glass cake stand. If I couldn't have than, I would want some Washi tape.

    ReplyDelete