sugar-confetti

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

BUBBLEGUM PARTY!




a bubblegum party is my fave


Today’s post is from super crafter and cute mom, Amelia of The Homebook via http://www.youaremyfave.com/2013/08/07/a-bubblegum-party-is-my-fave/.
This would have never worked in my house growing up since we had a strict no chewing rule but now I want every party to be bubblegum themed.


 Oh, you know, just fulfilling all of my childhood dreams with this party theme. Am I the only kid who was obsessed with bubblegum? I asked for some at every checkout line, I’m sure of it. With a bag of Skittles on the side, please! I don’t know why I never thought to ask my mom for a bubblegum bash when I was younger, because creating this pink party was fun and easy.



Almost all of the supplies I used for the party were found at Target. All you need are a few packs of pink balloons to resemble blown up bubbles of gum (I used pink water balloons for the smaller balloons), and a whole lot of gum. I decorated the cake with bubblegum tape, and topped it with gumballs stuck onto wooden skewers. To add a bit of humor and keep the party from becoming overly pink and precious, I bought a few chattering teeth from my local party store and put them at each place setting with little blown up pink water balloon. These, along with a handful of gumballs, can double as party favors when your guests go home.




For place settings, I cut 4 inch pieces of bubblegum tape and stamped the names of my guests onto them using small letter stamps I had on hand (and found at Michaels a few months ago).

Now, go and throw your own bubblegum party, and make my candy-obsessed childhood dreams come true. And, while you’re at it, maybe make a dentist appointment– because when this party’s over, you’re sure to have a sore jaw. And probably a few cavities. Sorry!
See more from Amelia on The Homebook





No comments:

Post a Comment